The Executive Assistant will serve the people and mission of Discovery Community Church by working alongside the executive staff team. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for maintaining a culture of excellence in execution and compassion toward people.
The Executive Assistant should be a person who values details, precision in communication, can operate successfully with deadlines, and yet has patience and care for this people oriented position.
The executive assistant should be comfortable with managing multiple tasks and has the ability to work independently. This persons should demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to take initiative and anticipate needs.
The executive assistant will often work with sensitive information and will be expected to manage that information with a high degree of confidentiality and exercise independent/sound judgment.
We believe in team ministry. The executive assistant will be resourcing and developing volunteer teams to carry out the mission.
- A Jesus follower committed to personal growth
- 3-5 years of experience in progressively responsible administrative assistance
- A pattern of generosity
- Involvement in a small group
- Experience with Excel or other related spreadsheet software
- Familiarity with MS word, Google docs, other related software
- Capacity to quickly learn Church Data Management software
Specific tasks/weekly responsibilities
- Attend Discovery Community Church weekend services
- Participate is a small group
- Attend weekly staff meetings: responsible for meeting minutes
- Facilitate a weekly administrative team meeting
- Monthly Church Council meeting: responsible for meeting minutes
- Communication management: (facilitating communication between congregation, guests, and leaders)
- Data Management: Maintaining accurate records and useful reports
- Financial reporting: overseeing the generosity system and it’s volunteers
- Compliance: keeping Discovery compliant with internal procedures and external
- Calendar management: maintain staff and church calendar
- Staff and Council agenda and initiative management
- Assistant to Lead Pastor in communication and calendar
This is a hybrid position which requires both remote and in-person working hours.
The ideal candidate would be available for a full-time (40 hours/week) role. Considerations may be made for a part-time role (minimum 20 hours/week) with a priority to grow into a full time role.
FT $40,000-50,000 depending on qualifications
PT: 20-25.00/hr depending on qualifications
Application deadline Aug 18, 2022