Worship Site Leader
Discovery Community Church is a diverse, multi-campus church in Tacoma WA. We are looking for a worship leader to join our team in reaching this diverse region through worship and developing a community of artists. Applicants should be willing to start in a part time role at one of our campuses with the opportunity to develop their ministry skills, influence, and role within the network.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Worship Ministry of Discovery Community Church seeks to create a community for artists encountering Jesus and environments for our community to encounter Jesus through the arts.
This community of Artists:
Embraces artists into caring groups through recruitment and group life.
Equips artists to grow deep as Jesus people.
Elevates servanthood through training, communication, and generosity.
Engages the church and our lost friends through diverse/creative/excellent worship encounters.
A Worship Site Leader:
- Works closely with the Site Leader and Site team
- Develops a weekly worship plan
- Communicates with weekend site team, including musicians, tech volunteers, and logistics.
- Recruits and leads worship team members
- Executes an engaging, relevant encounter for guests that is
- Gospel Centered
- Biblically Based
- Culturally relevant
- Assesses effectiveness of worship encounter
- An ache for the movement of God in our generation
- A pastor as well as a musician. This does not mean ordained.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship - or a quick ability to learn.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter
- A team player with a positive attitude.
Job Category: Pastor
Job Status: Part-time/full-time